Dr. Tunkel creates individual programs that maximize the 'inherent healing capacity' of the body. These facilitate the amelioration of pain and related problems and optimize activities of daily living. Dr. Tunkel encourages patient participation and collaboration in their healing program as it is initiated and continues to unfold. Specific modalities are chosen for each patient that will synergistically facilitate the body’s ability to self-heal.
Some of the complementary/alternative methods used in the healing process include:
* Osteopathic and other Manual Medicine techniques
* Medical Acupuncture
* Postural and movement (re)training incorporating numerous methods including
- Qigong (Chi Kung)
- Taijiquan (Tai Chi)
- Alexander method
- Feldenkrais techniques
- Hatha Yoga
* Pranayama (intentional breathing techniques)
* Breath Awareness training
* Mindfulness & Meditation practices
* Light and Vibration therapy
Our habit patterns make life possible, but they can also set the stage for ongoing pain and suffering, even beyond the expected time of tissue healing.